Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Not a lot

Not a lot happening here these last few weeks ... mostly due to me having to take it easy after my first cataract surgery, and Jane being hooked up 24-7 to a heart monitor.  Oh, the manifold joys of these supposed 'golden years'!

For the record, we did manage to work in a few minor bits and bobs:
  • I took the Subaru in for its 3000 mile service (actually at 2,955).
  • We went to a surprisingly good performance by 'Karen and the Klassix' at our local theater
  • We attended a few meditation classes (both mantra and guided).  I'm not a fan of the mantra stuff, but the guided sessions work surprisingly well
  • I took the Chinook to Premier Motorcoach to get quotes on a few upcoming maintenance items  
  • We went to a meeting of our RV Club
  • Our Miele washing machine was serviced - twice!  Yep, twice!
  • I set up a VOIP connection using Google Voice to see if it would improve transmission of data from Jane's heart monitor as neither cell phone seemed to work well with the monitoring company's acoustic modem.  They suggested using a landline, but where on earth can you find one of those these days?  I'm just simply flabbergasted that anyone would still be using an acoustic connection for data transmission!  Talk about stepping back in time!  Anyhoo, it turns out that Google Voice trumps both iPhone 5S and Nexus 5X when it comes to mating up with an acoustic modem!  Who woulda thunk it!
  • I weighed the pros and cons, of participating in a drug study for my second cataract surgery, finally deciding against it.  Very few pros, and plenty of cons!
My second cataract surgery is scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning, so again I'll be taking it easy for the next couple of weeks.  More anon.

1 comment: