Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grounded

Because of the strong winds and heavy rain forecast for today, Sunday, and with Jane feeling unwell again, we returned from the desert yesterday, a couple of days sooner than planned.  Sad to say, we're now grounded for several weeks while I have my cataract surgery.  With post-operative activities being limited for about a week (no heavy lifting, only gentle bending, etc.) I'm wondering how to avoid going stir crazy.  Things that spring to mind include some trip planning, ordering a few bits & bobs I've been meaning to replace or upgrade (e.g. front wheel simulator, new CA compliant CO/smoke detector, some more compression stuff sacks, etc.), and maybe researching a few things on my wish list (e.g. quality 12V air compressor, TPMS, signal booster, grill guard, extra driving lights, front hitch, cryogenically treated pads and rotors, the list is endless).  Much as I resent the imposition of surgery on my travel time, I suppose it will be worth it in the end.  Meanwhile I'll just have to "Keep Calm and Stay Grounded".  Sigh!

1 comment:

  1. Hope that Jane feels better soon and that your procedures go well! I look forward to you both being back on the road!

    ReplyDelete