Sunday, January 24, 2016

Eye Eye Cap'n!

Hopefully procedures have improved a little since the Middle Ages!
We're back home for just a couple of days so that I can meet with my eye surgeon for a pre-operative examination.
  
As soon as that's done we'll be hightailing back to the desert for what little remains of January.  
  
After that I'll be grounded for a few weeks having, and recovering from, cataract surgery.  
  
My right eye is scheduled for early February, and the left about three weeks later.

6 comments:

  1. The Middle Ages mostly used stone knives and bear skins to cure almost anything. Today the stones knives are cleaner, and the bear skins are synthetic to protect the bear populations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that, back then, removal of a cataract involved inserting a knife or large needle through the cornea and forcing the lens of the eye out of its capsule and down to the bottom of the eye.

      Yikes!

      Of course, there was very poor understanding of antiseptic techniques to guard against infection, and anesthetics were not only unreliable but also likely to do more harm than good.

      Thank goodness times have changed!

      Delete
  2. I had both eyes done at different times. It was a speedy recovery for me. My vision was noticeably improved. Before I had trouble reading the freeway signage until I was at the off ramp.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes. Reading freeway and road signs is my biggest problem too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks - I appreciate the thought and comment.

      Delete