Sunday, September 6, 2015

Still keeping busy!

With the Chinook still at the repair shop I've been keeping busy with the honey-do list (aka home maintenance chores).

Last month I began installing crown moulding, starting with the bathroom.  Since then I've completed the job by continuing through the bedrooms and living / dining areas →

The kitchen has a lower ceiling than the rest of the house (i.e. something akin to a drop-ceiling).  This created a bit of a conundrum when it came to installing crown moulding in the adjoining living and dining areas.  The vertical edge of the kitchen's lower ceiling was too narrow for crown moulding, but looked empty and incomplete versus the adjacent space.  To overcome the problem I decided to apply a decorative motif, and was lucky enough to run across Victorian Antiquities and Design where I found an historic Victorian stencil set discovered during the renovation of Knox Hill Cottage, an 1871 Second Empire Cottage in Cincinnati Ohio.  I mixed a little brown pigment with the wall paint to create a subtle, harmonized effect.  I think it turned out rather nicely:    




1 comment:

  1. That turned our great, Amazing how an 1871 Neo Grec stencil works in a modern interior. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete