Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day-Night Pleated Shades

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the cord on one of our day-night shades had frayed, and was in imminent danger of breaking.  I ordered replacement 1.4mm cord online from 'Fix My Blinds' for delivery to our son's home in Kingwood.

Today I finally got around to taking care of this rather fiddly maintenance chore. As always, the re-stringing diagram and how-to video on the 'Fix My Blinds' website was very helpful. 

Two 30' lengths of 1.4mm cord are needed to restring the Chinook Premier blinds. Each cord is folded in half, and the center point is attached to the end-springs prior to threading through the blinds.



1 comment:

  1. I remember your earlier post when you did something similar to this, and I was amazed that you were able to accomplish the complex threading and sequence of the whole procedure. Good going! I tried to get 3 Day Blinds to repair a cord on our bathroom shade and they wanted to make a big production out of it, home visit with a minimal order charge, etc.

    Went to Lowe's and for $32.00 and a custom cut on their huge machine, I had a new shade installed in less then 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete