Saturday, June 7, 2014

Acting on Good Advice

A few days ago I wrote about visiting the dump station in Waldport, and the astonishingly disproportionate penalties ($500 or 30 days in jail!) facing anyone forgetting to deposit the required three dollars.  At the time I thought, as proof of payment, it was insurance enough to simply scribble my initials on three singles before popping them through the slot.  

A wise friend commented differently, advising a more rigorous approach, suggesting that in future I should: "take a photo inserting the bills into the collection box then email it to myself to get a date/time stamp!".  

Needing to make a second visit, and never one to ignore a brilliant admonition, here's proof positive:

Initials AND date!
Connecting up
Ta da!  Proof positive! Three singles in the slot!

3 comments:

  1. OKAY, NOW I AM THE ONE DYING OF LAUGHTER, THAT IS JUST TOO, TOO GOOD! So glad I can help contribute to your Chinook Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture made me laugh so much. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the pictures of you holding up that stamp and wax set you had for your birthday. Man that was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete